Would you like to join our Board?
Connecting Communities Wairarapa is seeking expressions of interest from individuals to join our Board of Trustees. These are voluntary, non-executive roles that offer an excellent opportunity to people passionate about community wellbeing. Being on our Board will offer you the chance to make a positive difference to the region through ensuring excellent Governance and oversight.
We are seeking to recruit four new Board members to join us from November 2018 and as a part of this recruitment process will be looking to fill the roles of Chair and Deputy Chair.
Who we are
Connecting Communities Wairarapa is a long-standing not-for-profit organisation. It was first established in 1995 (as Masterton Safe and Healthy Community Council), following recognition that while some Masterton communities thrived, others were falling behind. The organisation’s main task was to co-ordinate a network of support services and initiatives to help strengthen individuals, and their neighbourhoods, to enable them to live well – and to do so independently. Today we have extended our work across the province; our sole purpose remains to enhance the well-being of those Wairarapa individuals and communities who need assistance.
- Meeting at least six times per year, including the Annual General Meeting
- Be available for a strategic planning meeting each year
- Be available to provide advice and comments between meetings
- Appointments will be for a two-year term, with the ability to renew
Who we need
We are particularly seeking individuals with one or some of following skills and experience:
- Community development, ideally in a related field such as business, environmental, education, housing, and economic development
- Advocacy and engagement with local & central government, business, funders and non-government agencies
- Financial oversight and management
- Human resource oversight and management
- Marketing, information technology and public relations
Expressions of Interest
If you are interested, please send in a short cover letter outlining why you are interested in joining the Connecting Communities Wairarapa Board, highlighting your relevant skills and experience.
Please send your expression of interest to Peter McNeur at email@example.com.