Social Services Coordinator
- Make a positive difference to people’s lives.
- Help our community thrive.
- Join a collaborative and supportive team
Connecting Communities Wairarapa is a community organisation that operates a range of community-led initiatives and social services focused on increasing the well-being of our people and our community. By weaving together community development and social services, we are able to develop individual and practical initiatives that enable all our communities to thrive. Our collaborative approach means we can work together to achieve common goals that build strong resilient communities.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate person who can provide a range of skills across our Social Services team based in Masterton. This is a busy and varied role that would suit a courteous and self-motivated person:
- To deliver one on one mentoring and Money Mates peer-led group support for clients who are experiencing financial hardship. The aim of the programme is to enable clients to become more financially capable, gain control over their financial lives and make long-term change. One on one mentoring supports and empowers clients to identify their aspirations and develop a strength based financial plan. MoneyMates enables clients to talk about and de-stigmatise financial hardship, while learning from and with others.
- Support Life Skills workshops
- Use strengths-based approach to develop focused plans that will best suit the person and their situation.
- Foster and maintain high quality relationships in the social sector to support their work.
As the successful candidate you will have the following:
- Has experience working with clients who have complex needs.
- A self-starter who likes challenges.
- A demonstrated ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively.
- An ability to prioritise and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has demonstrated ability to manage work initiative and self-motivation.
- Proficient computer literacy.
- Experience of office management systems and procedures.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise work.
In return we offer a great team culture and the opportunity to be part of a friendly and collaborative team that makes a difference in our communities!
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running, so if the above sounds like you and you want to make a difference in the Wairarapa community, please forward your application form, CV and cover letter by Friday 1st November 2019 to email@example.com.
Applications close on Friday 1st November 2019.